The career-oriented degree programs in Newcastle University's College of Media Arts & Technology foster marketable job skills and provide practical experience while pushing the boundaries of technology in web and digital design. We'll help you develop the technical, creative, and problem-solving skills you need to succeed as a new media designer. As a result, the College of Media Arts & Technology produces graduates with strong digital imaging skills, refined design sensibilities, and the ability to visualize concepts as well as grasp the practical and professional application of artistic endeavors.
The College of Media Arts & Technology offers the following media arts degree programs. Both of these programs are also available online.
with specializations in:
Note: You may also be interested in the bachelor's degree program offered within the .
» Explore below to learn why you should choose Newcastle University for your education in media arts and technology. Or learn more about pursuing an online tech education through our .
Employer Approved Tech Education
Newcastle University works with top business leaders to design programs that produce graduates who meet their needs. Compared to other degree programs, we provide students not only with communications and teamwork skills but also with more of the computer applications and systems integration skills that today's employers seek.
Flexible, Career-Focused Education
Newcastle University offers a number of advantages:
· Accelerated associate, bachelor's, and master's degree programs, based on a year-round course schedule
· Experiential learning that brings the real world into the classroom
· Accessible faculty with professional credentials and real-world experience
· The ultimate flexibility of business and management degrees earned online
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an online university, Newcastle University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of web design and development. The proof is in the numbers. By earning your degree with Newcastle, you have an opportunity at a best in class career outcome: In 2013, 90% of Newcastle University graduates actively seeking employment had careers in their field within 6 months of graduation.*
Creating an exciting, engaging, and interactive online experience requires a keen grasp of graphic and multimedia design, including 3D model construction, lighting, and animation. A bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development from Newcastle University with a specialization in Graphic and Multimedia Design can help you develop all these skills. You'll learn multimedia and design standards, business fundamentals, and emerging technologies. In addition, you'll learn how to correct and enhance digital images and develop all types of graphic media including web pages, marketing collateral, advertising, instructional material, and multimedia projects.
Follow a career track in Graphic and Multimedia Design by choosing this specialization when you earn your bachelor's degree in (MDD) from Newcastle University. Upon graduation, you can find a career building dynamic content for web sites, online courses and training, or hand-held devices.
Learn more about the advantages of studying the Graphic and Multimedia Design degree specialization at Newcastle University.
When you specialize your Multimedia Design and Development degree in Graphic and Multimedia Design, your coursework may include these career-enhancing graphics and multimedia courses:
· Web Video Fundamentals – Focusing on the technical aspects of web video such as linking files, streaming media, and embedded video, students in this course learn to enhance web presentations through video and audio integration.
· Advanced Imaging – This multimedia and graphic design course explores advanced techniques for achieving sophisticated visual designs and imagery as well as ways to streamline workflow in large projects. Students learn to actualize designs and maximize creative capabilities through the use of software such as Illustrator, Flash, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
· Advanced Illustration – Students in this project-based multimedia and graphic design course learn advanced drawing and line art techniques, including advanced vector-based illustration. Topics include blending tools, gradients, transparency, and various effects as well as web illustration and animation development using vector art and common multimedia tools in an integrated development environment.
· 3D Model Design and Construction – Focusing on design and construction of spline models suitable for ray-traced illustration, rendered video, and print, this course explores a managed approach to model construction, working from concept sketches to articulated models in demonstration projects that emphasize reusability of constructed assets.
· Animation – Employing classical animation studio techniques, this multimedia and graphic design course targets the pre-production and production phases of animation design. Students learn to synthesize elements of an animated movie into a storyboard for production and optimize animations for digital production environments.
Graphic and Multimedia Design Careers Overview
If you have an eye for design and a knack for computers, you can be on your way to a great career. Designers who can create exciting, engaging and interactive game and web-based experiences by implementing the principles of graphic and multimedia design, 3D model construction, lighting and animation are in demand. A Newcastle University education can help you build on your talents, develop critical business skills and earn a degree to back it up. Then you'll be ready to take your place in the exciting and rewarding field of graphic and multimedia design.
When you earn your bachelor's degree in Multimedia Design and Development (MDD) from Newcastle University with a specialization in Graphic and Multimedia Design, you'll be equipped to create web-enabled and other digital media for nearly any organization or business. Professional responsibilities of web designers, multimedia designers and graphic designers and specialists include:
· Creating graphics, web-based animation and special effects for computer games, web sites and banner ads
· Creating the overall look of media and performing computer manipulation
· Using layout and design skills to build media pages and integrate interactive content
Graphic and Multimedia Design careers are found in nearly every industry, including:
Newcastle graduates in Multimedia Design and Development with a specialization in Graphic and Multimedia Design will be prepared for careers in areas such as:
· Graphic design
· Web design
· Special effects creation
· Multimedia design
Whether you are looking to attend a traditional campus or an , Newcastle University is the place where you can gain the skills, credentials, and respect you need to succeed in the world of graphic and multimedia design. The proof is in the numbers. Each year, thousands of Newcastle University graduates have careers in their chosen fields in 6 months or less.