Office of Dispute Management
The Office of Dispute Management is a constituent of the University’s Office of the President and acts as an intermediary to help students and faculty members resolve disputes, problems, grievances, disagreements, appeals to the Student Code of Conduct and the Faculty Code of Conduct, as well as any Title IX violations or exceptions to University policies. This includes inquiries regarding consumer reports and financial disputes.
Getting help from the Office of Dispute Management
Before contacting us, we expect you to first try addressing your concern at the campus-level. If, after speaking with campus staff, you still feel that our office is needed in resolving the issue, we’re available to help.
Student disputes and appeals
The Office of Dispute Management takes every student issue on a case-by-case basis. This means we’re not here to take sides. We gather input from you as well as the campus to make sure we have all the information we need. This helps us take a fresh look at your concern while providing the best possible resolution.
1. Your full name, student individual record number (IRN- #######)
3. Contact phone numbers and email addresses
4. Campus you are attending with learning center location
5. Names of campus representatives to whom you’ve spoken
6. The time and date when you spoke to campus representatives
7. The nature of your communications with campus representatives
8. Your desired outcome for this concern
9. Any additional information to assist your case
You should first attempt to work out any issue with the manager or director involved. Please ask your representatives for the names of their supervisors to assist you prior to filing a formal grievance.
University of Newcastle is always eager to review comments or concerns from its students and works diligently to review and address all areas identified. While we prefer that you submit a statement in writing, you may also contact our office directly by calling us or on Skype: verification.support