To enter an associate or bachelor’s degree program, you must:

Have earned an acceptable high school diploma, GED® equivalent, California High School Proficiency Examination certificate or foreign secondary school equivalent. If you currently don’t meet this requirement, you can arrange to take the GED through your state’s GED administrator’s office or search for the nearest GED testing center.

Be at least 16 years of age at the time of application if applying to an associate degree program.

Meet work experience requirements or have access to an organizational environment, depending on your selected degree program, in order to successfully complete program objectives and apply concepts you learn in our courses. Please contact an Enrollment Representative to learn if your program has such a requirement.

Complete all required forms for admission as well as submit official test scores and official transcripts from all colleges and universities you’ve attended.

State/territory-specific requirements


In addition to meeting the requirements above, residents of:

Puerto Rico must meet English Language Proficiency requirements if enrolling in a campus-based program.

must submit high school graduation documentation.

International applicants


Applicants without appropriate previous academic experience in an English language environment must pass the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL®), the Test of English as an International Communication (TOEIC®), the Proficiency Test, the Pearson Test of English Academic or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS®). Please contact an Enrollment Representative to learn more about this requirement if you are a non-native speaker of English.


Transfer credit


As part of your admission, and depending on your grades and/or scores, prior coursework from regionally accredited or nationally accredited degree-granting institutions, or the credit earned through a national testing program such as the College-Level Examination Program (CLEP)®, DANTES or Advanced Placement, may be evaluated and considered for academic credit. If you have had professional training or served in the military, you may be able to convert your training into academic credits.


GED is a registered trademark of the American Council on Education.

TOEFL and TOEIC are registered trademarks of Educational Testing Service (ETS). This website is not endorsed or approved by ETS.

IELTS is a registered trademark of University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate on behalf of the chancellor, masters and scholars of the University of Cambridge in the United Kingdom.

LPN/LVN to Bachelor of Science in Nursing Requirements

Bachelor of Science in Nursing Admission Requirements


More questions?


The easiest and fastest way to get your questions answered is to speak with an Enrollment Representative.

Go to top