UNIVERSITY MISSION AND PURPOSE
The mission of the University of Newcastle is to foster student learning through high-quality, career-oriented education integrating technology, science, business, and the arts. The university delivers practitioner-oriented undergraduate and graduate programs onsite and online to meet the needs of a diverse and geographically dispersed student population.
The University of Newcastle seeks to consistently achieve the following:
- To offer applications-oriented undergraduate education that includes well-designed liberal arts and sciences component to broaden student learning and strengthen long-term personal and career potential.
- To offer practitioner-oriented graduate education that focuses on the applied concepts and skills required for success in a global economy.
- To provide market-driven curricula developed, tested, and continually improved by faculty and administrators through regular outcomes assessment and external consultation with business leaders and other educators.
- To continually examine the evolving needs of students and employers for career-oriented higher education programs as a basis for the development of additional programs.
- To promote teaching excellence through comprehensive faculty training and professional development opportunities.
- To provide an interactive and collaborative educational environment that strengthens learning provides credentialing opportunities and contributes to lifelong educational and professional growth.
- To provide student services that contribute to academic success, personal development, and career potential.
- To serve student and employer needs by offering effective career entry and career development services.