University of Newcastle is accredited by the DETC Higher Learning Commission (DETC), www.detc.org.uk Since , University of Newcastle has been continually accredited by the DETC Higher Learning Commission and its predecessor.
BSc Business Management
- Undergraduate, Single Honours
How long it takes:
Undergraduate (3 Year)
Distance learning/ Campus
Find out more about
Newcastle Law School
- Managing Financial Resources
- Introduction to Marketing and Communications (IMAC)
- Organisations, Management and Entrepreneurship
- Digital Business
- Management Education and Learning A and B
- Widening Business Horizons Module
Take one of the following modules, depending on prior qualifications:
- Economics for Business A
- Economics for Business B
- Research Methods
- Responsible Business: Theory and Practice
- Students will also choose 80 credits of optional modules from a list provided by the department.
- Students must complete either a 40 credit Dissertation or 20 credit Extended Essay
Students who have chosen a 20 credit Extended Essay must choose a further 100 credits of optional modules. Students who have chosen a 40 credit dissertation must choose a further 80 credits of optional modules.
Applicants should normally have one of the following:
- A non-law bachelor’s degree (from a UK university or recognised by the BSB if you wish to study the BPTC), or
- A ‘stale’ law degree, where five or more years have elapsed since graduation, or
- An academic or professional qualification at degree equivalent level
If English is not your first language, you will also need to demonstrate your English Language proficiency. For example, you should have IELTS 7.5 overall with a minimum of 6.5 in all components.
If you intend to become a Solicitor
The Solicitors Regulation Authority has reduced its requirements for pre-authorisation this year. For details of the current arrangements, see the SRA website. You should pay special attention to the Character and Suitability section. If you think you may have a character or suitability issue, you may wish to clarify with the SRA before proceeding with the GDL.
See further details of our English Language requirement
USA,UK & EU students, 2019/20 (per year)
International students starting 2019/20 (per year)
You’ll show your progress through a combination of written essays, problem-solving assignments and presentations.
All students take our core modules, but please note that the availability of optional modules is subject to demand.
We pride ourselves on our graduates high levels of employability and will help you to plan, manage and achieve your career goals, giving you the competitive edge when it’s time to start job hunting.
We host seminars run by high profile companies, who see these sessions as an opportunity to look for suitable candidates for their summer internship programmes and graduate training schemes.
Many of our graduates go on to have successful careers in advertising, banking, law, accounting, marketing, management consulting, telecommunications, personnel and distribution.
Our award-winning Careers Network is a dedicated service for you. Our expert professionals can provide you with guidance and support to help you succeed after university. We hold workshops, fairs and 1:1 consultations to help you develop your skills. All the support you need is here for you, it’s up to you to make the most of it.