MBA Global Banking and Finance
Postgraduate, Continuing professional development, Taught
How long it takes:
12 months, 21 months or 24 months
Distance learning/ Campus
Find out more about
Newcastle Law School
The following modules must be taken:
- Accounting for Managers
- Developing Leadership Practice
- Finance for Managers (MBA)
- Human Resource Management
- International Banking: Regulation and Supervision
- Marketing Concepts and Practice
- Strategic Analysis of Business
- Operations Management
Students should take at least 2 modules from the following:
- Contemporary Topics in Banking and Finance
- Entrepreneurial Finance
- Models of Capitalism and Financial Crises
Students should take up to but no more than 2 modules from the following:
- Business Communication
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Global Business Development
- Global Marketing Leadership
- Implementing Strategies and Managing Change
- International Business
- International Business Experience
- International Business Finance
- Principles of Responsible Business
Students must also choose one of the following:
- Dissertation – Type A: Consultancy Project dissertation
- Dissertation Type B
Considering postgraduate study, but unsure whether you meet the entry requirements for a Masters-level degree? Postgraduate admissions guidelines vary by course and university, but can be quite flexible.
Your existing qualifications will be important, but you don’t necessarily need a great Bachelors degree to apply for a Masters. Your personal circumstances and experience may also be considered during the admissions process.
This guide explains the typical entry requirements for a Masters, which include:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject – Depending on the programme and institution, you may need a 2.1 in your Bachelors, but this isn’t always the case
- Language proficiency – If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to display a certain ability level, usually through a language test
- Professional experience – Some postgraduate programmes may require you to have some professional experience (this is usually the case for PGCEs and Masters in Social Work)
- Entrance exams – These are only required in certain subject areas and qualifications, including some MBAs
Tuition fees for UK/EU students 2020/21
MSc: Full-time £9,900. Part-time £4,950
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £6,660. Part-time £3,300
Tuition fees for International students 2020/21
MSc: Full time £23,310
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £15,540
You’ll show your progress through a combination of written essays, problem-solving assignments and presentations.
All students take our core modules, but please note that the availability of optional modules is subject to demand.
From the very start of your MBA, you receive bespoke advice from our employment consultants. Through one-to-one coaching, our industry experienced they work with you to clarify your aspirations and support you in your future career, jointly developing a winning employment strategy to take you to the next level and to open doors to a range of potential employer.
Whilst on your MBA you will have the opportunity to engage with top international companies. Our MBA students have participated in a range of activities with employers including BP, GE, IBM, Accenture, Capgemini, Unilever, Deloitte and HSBC.
Group and individual activities to enhance your skills
Throughout the programme, you will have the opportunity to be involved in group and individual activities all aimed at helping you to develop the skills and techniques which lead to highly successful employment outcomes.
A few examples of these activities that you will undertake throughout your MBA programme include online profile building, Careers in Consultancy networking event, Distinguished leaders alumni seminar series, mock assessment centre, skills coaching, and video recorded interview practice.
Careers in Business
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
Career development advice
Our consultants offer an individual advice service, which includes:
- Career review and objective setting
- Job-seeking strategies
- CV review
- Application advice
- Interview and selection advice
- Working in the UK
- International work enquiries
Employers aren’t just looking for great qualifications. They want to see high-quality personal skills too, such as team working, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills. Our Skills Development Consultants offer individual appointments to help you shape and hone these qualities.
Keeping you up to date
Our Employer Liaison Team regularly undertakes initiatives to attract employment/ project opportunities into the Business School. You can find information about vacancies and other openings on Careers in Business Online and on Business School noticeboards, as well as through the Careers and Employability Centre vacancy database .
Careers events and workshops
This is your chance to find out about employment opportunities, develop your skills and network with industry professionals. Our range of career management, personal development and employer events are a great opportunity to discover what’s open to you upon graduation – just sign up to the events to take part.
Using the Careers and Employability Centre
Postgraduate students in the Business School are very welcome to use the services provided by the Careers and Employability Centre such as online vacancy listings, employer presentations and fairs and accessing online careers information. You can use the Careers in Business team for individual appointments, CV checking, mock interviews and other job search-related activities.