MSc International Business Online
Postgraduate, Continuing professional development, Distance learning, Taught
How long it takes:
Distance learning/ Campus
Find out more about
Newcastle Law School
The Online MSc International Business runs six modules a year, each module lasts approximately eight weeks and is worth 10 credits. Students enrol onto these modules one at a time and in a linear structure to ensure they grasp the fundamentals of business in manageable sections.
In the second year, students continue with a further six compulsory modules, allowing them to focus on the core principles of business, but also build specialist knowledge tailored to their career in areas such as marketing, economics and entrepreneurship.
Benefit from a syllabus based on the latest insights and issues in global business on a course which has been carefully designed for the 21st century career professional:
Year one core modules:
- International marketing
- International accounting and finance
- Managing global operations
- Organisational behaviour and HRM in a global context
- International business
Year two core modules:
- Economics and economic policy for business
- Global entrepreneurship
- Managing global service
- Integrative capstone module
- International marketing strategy
- Research methods in international business
Year three dissertation (60 credits).
The subject of the dissertation can be related to your work environment or to an area of interest to your employer, which may encourage employers to support time for study or financial assistance.
Considering postgraduate study, but unsure whether you meet the entry requirements for a Masters-level degree? Postgraduate admissions guidelines vary by course and university, but can be quite flexible.
Your existing qualifications will be important, but you don’t necessarily need a great Bachelors degree to apply for a Masters. Your personal circumstances and experience may also be considered during the admissions process.
This guide explains the typical entry requirements for a Masters, which include:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject – Depending on the programme and institution, you may need a 2.1 in your Bachelors, but this isn’t always the case
- Language proficiency – If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to display a certain ability level, usually through a language test
- Professional experience – Some postgraduate programmes may require you to have some professional experience (this is usually the case for PGCEs and Masters in Social Work)
- Entrance exams – These are only required in certain subject areas and qualifications, including some MBAs
Tuition fees for UK/EU students 2020/21
MSc: Full-time £9,900. Part-time £4,950
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £6,660. Part-time £3,300
Tuition fees for International students 2020/21
MSc: Full time £23,310
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £15,540
You’ll show your progress through a combination of written essays, problem-solving assignments and presentations.
All students take our core modules, but please note that the availability of optional modules is subject to demand.
Between 2014 and 2024, senior level and managerial positions within professional business occupations are estimated to increase by approximately 15%¹. Gain the global business understanding you need to compete for these positions by studying an Online MSc International Business.
As 2016’s University of the Year for Graduate employment², we understand the value of career development and from the outset we support all students as they strive to meet and exceed their career goals.
To help students remain competitive in the job market, from the very start of your course you would have access to bespoke advice from our employment consultants. They offer one-to-one coaching on Skype or other communication tools and can work with you to clarify your aspirations, supporting you in your future career. You could even develop an employment strategy to help open doors to a wide range of potential employers (both domestically and globally).
We understand how important it is to focus on your professional future during your time with us. We aim to enable and inspire students to maximise their potential, grow intellectually and gain the skills, understanding and attributes that are highly sought after by employers, giving you excellent future prospects in a competitive employment market.
We want to ensure that you can progress in this competitive environment and have designed our course content with a practical approach and contemporary subject matter. It is this experience that will give you a commanding position when it comes to taking advantage of the career opportunities available. During your studies, you should expect to:
- Further your ability to overcome complex problems in global business
- Develop critical managerial skills and master practical applications
- Enhance the people management skills necessary for more effective leadership
- Challenge critical thinking on business issues within a global society
- Understand business management and its’ application in professional life