MSc International Business
How long it takes:
1 year full time
Distance learning/ Campus
Find out more about
Newcastle Law School
- The Global Shift, 20 credits
- Dissertation: MSc International Business, 60 credits
- International Business Strategy, 10 credits
- International Finance and Accounting, 10 credits
- International Human Resource Management, 10 credits
- International Marketing, 10 credits
- Issues in Management, 20 credits
- Research Methods in International Business, 10 credits
Choose 30 credits from the following:
- International Business Negotiations, 10 credits
- Contemporary Work in the Global Economy, 10 credits
- Corporate Governance and Organisation, 10 credits
- Cross-Cultural Management, 10 credits
- Digital Business Strategy & Data Analytics, 10 credits
- Doing Business in Emerging Economies, 10 credits
- Finance and Strategy, 10 credits
- International Brand Management, 10 credits
- International Cooperative Strategy, 10 credits
- International Operations and Procurement, 10 credits
- Knowledge and Innovation Systems, 10 credits
- Principles of Responsible Business, 10 credits
Considering postgraduate study, but unsure whether you meet the entry requirements for a Masters-level degree? Postgraduate admissions guidelines vary by course and university, but can be quite flexible.
Your existing qualifications will be important, but you don’t necessarily need a great Bachelors degree to apply for a Masters. Your personal circumstances and experience may also be considered during the admissions process.
This guide explains the typical entry requirements for a Masters, which include:
- An undergraduate degree in a relevant subject – Depending on the programme and institution, you may need a 2.1 in your Bachelors, but this isn’t always the case
- Language proficiency – If English isn’t your first language, you’ll need to display a certain ability level, usually through a language test
- Professional experience – Some postgraduate programmes may require you to have some professional experience (this is usually the case for PGCEs and Masters in Social Work)
- Entrance exams – These are only required in certain subject areas and qualifications, including some MBAs
Tuition fees for UK/EU students 2020/21
MSc: Full-time £9,900. Part-time £4,950
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £6,660. Part-time £3,300
Tuition fees for International students 2020/21
MSc: Full time £23,310
Postgraduate Diploma: Full-time £15,540
You’ll show your progress through a combination of written essays, problem-solving assignments and presentations.
All students take our core modules, but please note that the availability of optional modules is subject to demand.
Careers in Business
Careers in Business is a dedicated service for postgraduate Business School students. We’ll help you in all aspects of your career management, from planning your job-seeking strategies, applying for jobs, preparing for interviews and assessment centres and developing your essential employability skills. At the start of your programme you will receive an email from our team, giving details of how you can access Careers in Business Online. Please get in touch to find out how our Careers in Business team can support you.
Career development advice
Our consultants offer an individual advice service, which includes:
- Career review and objective setting
- Job-seeking strategies
- CV review
- Application advice
- Interview and selection advice
- Working in the UK
- International work enquiries
Employers aren’t just looking for great qualifications. They want to see high-quality personal skills too, such as team working, leadership, presentation and interpersonal skills. Our Skills Development Consultants offer individual appointments to help you shape and hone these qualities.
Keeping you up to date
Our Employer Liaison Team regularly undertakes initiatives to attract employment/ project opportunities into the Business School. You can find information about vacancies and other openings on Careers in Business Online and on Business School noticeboards, as well as through the Careers and Employability Centre vacancy database .
Careers events and workshops
This is your chance to find out about employment opportunities, develop your skills and network with industry professionals. Our range of career management, personal development and employer events are a great opportunity to discover what’s open to you upon graduation – just sign up to the events to take part.
Using the Careers and Employability Centre
Postgraduate students in the Business School are very welcome to use the services provided by the Careers and Employability Centre such as online vacancy listings, employer presentations and fairs and accessing online careers information. You can use the Careers in Business team for individual appointments, CV checking, mock interviews and other job search-related activities.